Table of Contents
Do your family members prefer watching their favorite soap opera, while you are eager to play your latest Xbox One game? Do you not have a computer monitor or TV at home? Traveling with an Xbox One might be something you would like to do. I was recently in the same situation, so I investigated ways to connect my Xbox One to my laptop screen. My solution to this problem was to use two simple methods. Both of them have been discussed in detail below.
Use your Xbox One’s HDMI input to connect to your laptop’s screen
HDMI must be installed on your laptop in order to connect your Xbox One to it. Often, laptops do have HDMI connections, but they are usually HDMI outputs. As a result, your laptop can output an image to an external monitor via the HDMI output but it cannot receive an image signal from the outside, for this, you need an HDMI input.
While HDMI-enabled notebooks do exist, these devices are often very expensive and are not used much. However, you might want to check to see whether your laptop has an HDMI output. Here are the steps you need to follow if you have a computer available:
- With the HDMI input connected to your laptop, connect your Xbox One to your laptop.
- To see if your laptop automatically switches to mode, access its display settings.
- The “System Settings” menu is located from the main menu of your Xbox 360. You can customize screen and resolution settings to suit your preferences.
Alternatively, you can use our guide on how to get HDMI input on your laptop if you don’t have HDIM Input on your laptop.
With the Xbox App, you can stream Xbox One content to your laptop
Alternatively, you can also accomplish this task with your Xbox app if you don’t have access to an HDMI input. By streaming the game integrally to your desktop or laptop PC, Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 update adds a sleeve! With this app, you can stream Xbox One games to your laptop or PC. An internet connection is established using a network connection over LAN or WLAN.
In the past, laptops could not be connected to Xboxes unless they had an HDMI input. Due to the lack of an HDMI input, a regular laptop could not display the Xbox’s picture or sound. By using the Xbox app, you can now resolve this issue.
Xbox app minimum requirements
- When you sign in with the same Xbox One game tag on Windows 10, the app will work.
- Laptops should have at least 2GB RAM and 1.5GHz processors.
- It is required that the laptop and console are connected to the same home network. Otherwise, you will suffer from interruptions while playing if you are using a wired Ethernet connection or your WiFi network’s 5GHz band. When streaming, lowering the quality is a good idea if your WiFi network is slow.
From the Xbox app, how do you start streaming the game?
You must enable game streaming on your Xbox One before using the Xbox app to connect to a laptop. The Xbox Connections option can be found under “Settings” in the “Xbox” menu. Now, turn your laptop on and complete the following steps:
- After opening the Xbox app, select “Connection” from the left-hand menu.
- Now the Xbox app will search the home network for Xbox consoles. Choose your preferred console.
- In the window, new options, such as streaming, appear when the connection is established. Select “Stream”. The Xbox app now allows you to play any game.