Table of Contents
The truth is that gamers have gone insane over Sony’s most recent PlayStation V (PS5) release, but we doubt Sony will be able to make as much money right now owing to the global recession caused by the Covid-19 epidemic. As a result, the PS4 is still popular and likely to stick around for some time.
Even though this is not always the case, what if you sit down to play Far Cry on your PS4 only to discover that the television has become unresponsive? It’s a sticky situation that drives gamers to their laptops. Continue reading to learn how to connect your PS4 system to a laptop using an HDMI cable.
What is HDMI?
HDMI is a digital video and audio signal transmission method. It’s the most popular high-definition transmission technology for sending HD video and audio through a single connection.
It’s utilized in businesses and houses to connect media devices to televisions. It’s the most popular cable in homes, used to connect gadgets like digital TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, PlayStation consoles, and AppleTVs to televisions.
HDMI is increasingly being used to connect household audio-video equipment, but it’s also being employed to link computers and personal computers. As a result, it has emerged as the industry standard for high-quality audio-video transmission across devices in businesses and commercial enterprises for education, teaching, presentation, digital signage, and retail advertising.
- Connectors that can accommodate 10.4 gigabit per second to 11.0 gigabit per second are available through these cables.
- HDMI cables have exploded in popularity as a high-definition video communication system. Furthermore, SCART leads are available.
- The true advantage of HDMI is that it eliminates the many cables needed for your high-definition devices.
- HDMI connections are available as standard in modern electronic gadgets. HDMI cables and USB cables have a similar look about them.
- HDMI leads can support up to eight audio channels on a single wire, which is twice as many as previous versions. HDMI cables now come ready for future upgrades, even though they are not required just yet.
- The cost of HDMI cables is primarily determined by their specifications and capabilities.
How to Play PS4 on Laptop With HDMI?
With the aid of HDMI, you can quickly play PS4 on a laptop; all you need is decent connections. Now I’ll go through some additional factors that may help you comprehend How to Play PS4 on Laptop With HDMI?
PlayStation 4 is the most popular game console nowadays. It is very popular with high graphics in games. The console can play HD movies and TV shows. You can use Bluetooth headphones to experience clear sound while playing games. It can download apps from the Sony store. If you are a big fan of PlayStation 4, then this article is for you. I will show you how to play PS4 on laptop with HDMI cable. So let’s get started.
Through Remote Plays
To connect the PS4 to Sony’s remote plays streaming service, we’ll employ the first approach.
What is Remote Play?
PlayStation 4 owners can now use their devices to connect to the PlayStation Network and play games remotely. There’s no need to worry about whether anyone else is watching television; you may now play your favorite games on your phone or laptop without restriction. This function, known as Remote Play, was just introduced by Sony and allows users to play PS4 games from
Things Required for Connection Remote Play
For those unfamiliar with Sony’s remote play service, it’s a PlayStation 4 feature that lets PC and Mac users play games on their preferred desktop monitor programs.
However, to properly set up the environment, you’ll need the following items to link your PS4 and laptop.
- PlayStation 4 Console
- PlayStation 4 Account
- USB cord
Steps To Play PS4 On Laptop With HDMI Cable – Through Remote Plays
- The first step in order to play PlayStation 4 on laptop with HDMI cable is to have a laptop and a PlayStation 4.
- Unbox your PlayStation 4 from its package and plug in the power cord into the console.
- Plug one end of an HDMI cable into the back of your PS4 and the other end to the corresponding port on your TV. It will be marked as HDMI or monitor, read the manual if you are not sure.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until your PlayStation 4 boots up with your TV screen.
- Turn on your laptop and connect it to the same wifi that your PS4 is connected to.
- Go to www.allplaystations.net in your laptop browser.
- Click on the “Play” button that is under the PlayStation 4 logo. You will see a pop up saying that you need to download an app called R-Play which allows playing PlayStation 4 games on Laptops, Macs and Chromebooks.
- Click install after it has finished loading.
- Make sure your PS4 is turned on, with an internet connection and logged in before opening R-Play.
- After you have all of these things checked off head to the PlayStation 4 home screen by pressing the PS button on your controller or in R-Play select “Start”. Press A to download. If you close out of it by accident, don’t worry. Just go on R-Play and press “Start”.
- You will see a screen that says: Now connecting to your PS4: Make sure your PS4 is turned on, wireless connection is working and logged in. Press start to continue.
- On another window (not R-Play) go to the PlayStation Store and download any free applications you want.
- You should be able to play anything from your PlayStation 4 menu on your laptop now. Enjoy!
If this tutorial does not work for you, there might be another way to do so by using an application called Remoter that allows the pairing of a PlayStation 4 controller with a PC running Windows.
Another way to paly PS4 On Laptop With HDMI Cable – Through Remote Plays
- To get started, download Remote Play for your PC.
- On your console, go to Settings > Psn Network > User Management. Select “Activate as Primary PS4” from the drop-down menu.
- To update the device’s software to version 3.50, go to “System Software Update.”
- Now, go to the Settings and then Remote Play Connections. Tick the box next to Remote Play linking Settings.
- To use Remote Play on your Mac or PC, your console must be turned on (or better yet, in rest mode).
- To do this, open the Settings menu and select Electricity Save Options. Choose Configure Sleep Mode Functions and then Enable Network-Based Turning on the PS4.
- On your PC, open the software you downloaded for remote Play.
- To get the most out of your games, select the Settings option and change the refresh rate and resolution to match your screen’s requirements. The more energy efficient your desktop computer is, the more graphical settings it offers.
- Connect your PS4 controller to your PC using the USB cable that came with it. The PlayStation and Sharing buttons on your controller may also be used to connect wirelessly.
- Connect the USB cable to your computer as soon as the operator’s LED begins to flash. In approximately four to five seconds, your controller will connect. If the procedure takes longer than you expected, repeat these steps.
Now, go to your PC and open the Remote Play software. Log in with the username and password for your PS4. Make sure that the PS4 is powered on. If it is not, then it will not connect to your computer.
Also if you have any doubts regarding this process, leave a comment below or contact us via email to help others who have the same problem as yours.
Through Capture Card
If you can’t connect your PS4 to a laptop with HDMI, this method might help. It will let you connect the console to a computer.
Things Required for Connection Capture Card
To play PS4 on a laptop, you need a Capture Card. You also need an HDMI cable and a laptop with a screen.
- Card for Video Capture
- PlayStation 4 Console
- Internet Connection through Wireless
- Ethernet cables connected to a single router
- HDMI with Dual Functions
- File Sharing Is Now Available
- Attach the Video Capture Card (VCC) to your computer using the USB connection. It is best to use a premium VCC.
- Connect the PlayStation 4 to the TV using an S-Video cable. Connect one end of the HDMI cable from your PlayStation 4 to the VCC. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Turn on your console and start the Video Capture Card program on your computer. Your console will show up on the screen.
FAQs – How to Play Ps4 on Laptop With HDMI
Using an HDMI converter to connect a PS4 to a TV that lacks HDMI is one of the most accurate and simple methods. The signal is converted into a format that may be viewed on television. Connect one end of the HDMI connector on the portable to the converter, and the other to your TV.
To use your notebook as a monitor, you’ll need an HDMI or video capture device. That is, by connecting Ps Remote Play to your PlayStation 4 and enabling it, you may play your PlayStation 4 games on your laptop. It allows you to access your PlayStation 4 games remotely via your desktop, similar to the PS Vita.
Connect your smartphone to a compatible device using the same network name and password.
The most popular two techniques to Play PS4 on a Laptop With HDMI, according to my study, are also quite practical and quick to use.
The fast and easy method of using a computer to view the output screen on your system is by connecting the HDMI cable. Connecting the HDMI connection to your laptop is one of the simplest and most cost-effective methods for viewing the output screen on your computer. According to my research, playing PS4 on a laptop screen via HDMI using either of these
Thank you for reading this article and I hope that it helped you play PS4 on laptop with HDMI cable! If it really helped you then please share this article with your friends so that they too can play PS4 on their laptops. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!