5 Best Fan Control Software for Windows PC/Laptop
Looking for a program to control the fans in your computer? We have highlighted four fan control programs, so you can find the best one for your needs.
You can adjust your system’s fan speed to keep your computer cool while it is working hard. The fan is useful in keeping your computer cool or reducing annoying noise like a wind tunnel.
You can do this by either manually or automatically changing the computer fan speeds. However, there is nothing that compares to a fan controller that quietly changes the fan speed when the computer gets hot and back down when the computer is performing at its best.
It’s a sign that your computer’s fans need to be reined in when they go haywire every time Chrome starts up, or when you play your favorite game. The fan control software will allow you to adjust the fan speed based on your PC’s temperature.
However, you can easily change the speed of the fan manually, but it is somewhat complicated. An outside device called a fan controller needs to be connected to your Windows device, with knobs to change fan speeds.
It is best to set up an automatic computer fan speed controller software that monitors the computer’s temperatures from various sources and allows you to change fan speed settings at any time if required.
There are multiple applications available that can be used to change the speed of your computer fan. However, choosing the right one is quite difficult since there are a variety of options in the market.
Hence, this article can help you out with the best software that can control your PC fan speed, including the version of Windows 10 compatible with it.
Learn all the details, from the features to the price, to make a better decision.
Among the tools covered in this article are four Windows software tools capable of managing fan speeds. Some of them also have system monitoring tools, warnings for failing drives, and even overclocking tools.
Our recommendations below will help you customize your fan settings (or even more).
One of the oldest tools available, SpeedFan has a history that is almost as old as Windows itself. It was released in the middle of the Windows 9x era when that was considered the state of the art.
The more time that passes, the better the program gets, especially for one that’s easy to customize and compatible with all the Windows 10 & XP versions. This application can also display the stats of your choice in the system tray. Also, if you are expecting an abundance of features in such a small program, you will not be disappointed.
You can keep an eye on your fans’ speed, voltage, and temperature with SpeedFan. It can also access S.M.A.R.T. information and digital temperature sensors, allowing you to monitor the hard disk temperature and change the fan speed at will.
You will need to set the fan speed limits manually to get this software to work correctly. It is best to run the software at barely audible speeds, as long as you are aware of your specific fan being targeted, so you get the best results. The SpeedFan software can be used to set operating temperatures, which will force your fans to run at higher speeds to compensate for the higher temperatures.
- Various temperature sources are monitored by SpeedFan.
- You can adjust fan speeds with digital temperature sensors, reducing noise.
- Accesses S.M.A.R.T. information and displays hard disk performance. Also supports SCSI disks.
- Charts and indicators for system variables are displayed in the system tray.
- Monitors include chips, hard disks, temperatures, fan speed readings, voltages, PWM signals, and more.
- Supports Windows 9x through XP, Vista, 2008, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2012.
- Windows 64 bit is also compatible.
The SpeedFan software offers so many amazing features that you can adjust fan speeds according to your PC’s operating system. You just have to properly configure the application so that you can set fan speeds based on the temperature of your system.
Website – SpeedFan
2. EasyTune 5
Besides being able to monitor and adjust your fans’ speeds, EasyTune 5 offers many other useful features you probably never knew you needed until you tried it for yourself.
Among the EasyTune 5 features that we’d like to touch upon here is the Smart-Fan control. This feature allows you to control the fan speed of your CPU cooler. The Easy Mode lets you configure this feature with ease.
It will be possible to set the speeds of your fans to match your processor’s temperature. Just be careful not to set your threshold too high, as this may prevent your processor from getting the air it needs to operate correctly.
EasyTune 5 will also assist you with overclocking your CPU if you’re in search of that feature as well. These program features allow you to get more power and performance out of your CPU and memory. The features are found in Advanced Mode, accessible from the Control Panel.
- It includes a Smart-Fan control to control fan speed of CPU and North-Bridge chip cooling fan.
- Provide PC health monitoring services
- Performance can be improved by overclocking the system.
- Using the advanced mode of EasyTune5, you can access all overclocking parameters, like configuring the MiB and CiA features.
- Switch between Easy Mode and Advanced Mode by choosing between them.
- Supports all versions of Windows
EasyTune 5 is a Gigabyte software designed with a simple interface. Users can adjust the system settings or enhance the voltages and speed of their RAM in the Windows OS by using this software.
There is no flaw in this change in computer fan speeds software. If you are looking for how to change cpu fan speed without bios then you can use this freeware application to control the fan speed of your PC.
Website – EasyTune 5
3. Corsair Link
Corsair Link is an excellent fan control software. Users of Corsair CPU fans should utilize this customized control software. The program can monitor the temperature of the CPU, hard drive and disk, CPU load, and control the speed of the CPU fan. Although this software is intended for Corsair components, it also works in other systems.
Also available as a free program, Corsair Link PC fan controller software comes with a gaming-friendly interface.
- Moreover, it shows CPU and GPU temperatures, voltage, load, and DRAM frequency in real-time along with the fan speed monitor.
- The CPU/GPU temperatures and Fan speed can also be monitored via alert notification.
- Provides complete control over fans, lighting, and Water Series liquid CPU coolers. It works as a cooling & performance device.
- Furthermore, the interface should be geared towards gaming
- This software works with the latest hardware and is available for free. It is compatible with all current versions of Windows, including Windows 10.
- By adjusting the CPU fan speed, Corsair prevents overheating
- A laptop’s fan speed can also be adjusted through the program.
So these are some of its characteristics, this software tool changes computer fan speed is good for preventing computer problems, too.
Website – Corsair Link
4. Argus Monitor
Argus Monitor is probably the best lightweight fan control program out there. It keeps track of your CPU and storage health and lets you control fan speed, and it has a tiny memory footprint.
A background task that does all that seems a bit much for a program. But that’s not the only thing that makes Argus interesting. It also displays and controls the fan speed of modern graphics cards, including NVIDIA and AMD cards, which is extremely useful to gamers.
With Argus Monitor, you’ll be able to recognize if your hard drive or SSD is dying early. A scan indicates your drive is failing (with 70% accuracy). It gives you plenty of time to replace the old drive and get all your critical files off of the old one.
This tool features an easy-to-configure interface, so you can run your PC smoothly no matter what. However, you have to buy a license if you intend to keep using it after 30 days of a free trial.
- Based on the total temperature range available to it, the mainboard and GPU’s fan speed will be controlled.
- Keep an eye on the HDD’s temperature and the drive’s health by using the S.M.A.R.T. attributes.
- This application displays the hard drive’s temperature graphically.
- Control the speed of the system’s fan smoothly by showing the fan’s speeds.
- It has a graphic display of CPU and GPU temperature.
- Inform you that up to 70% of users’ vital data can be saved before a hard drive fails.
- SSD and HDD benchmarks to assess read/write performance
- Provide a graphic display of the frequency of the core and also allow the manager to know that it is working properly.
- Compatible with all Windows versions including 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
This program controls fan speeds and monitors hard drive health. It works in the background and runs in the background.
Website – Argus Monitor
HWMonitor is another program that has existed for quite a while. During that time, it has helped to distinguish itself among its peers and has cultivated a cult following that keeps growing. The program HWMonitor does all the other programs as well.
The software keeps track of your computer’s voltage, temperature, and fan speeds once installed. Your video card is monitored as well as your drive’s S.M.A.R.T. vital stats.
There are several simple switches for controlling your system’s fans, including the fan of your CPU cooler. If you are interested in tracking your PC’s power usage, this program logs the motherboard’s voltage and CPU voltage, and the system’s overall power consumption in watts.
A disadvantage to HWMonitor is the slightly clunky user interface. It might take you a bit to figure out the rows of numbers. But once you learn how to use it, you won’t want to use another utility.
- Monitor the speed of at least three cabinet fans and the CPU fan in real-time.
- On the side of its interface, it also tracks the CPU and cabinet fan speeds in minimum and maximum settings.
- Monitor motherboard voltage as well as processor voltage, the operating system temperature (both in Celsius and Fahrenheit), hard drive and graphics card temperatures, system power usage in watts, etc.
- A TXT file can be used to save all interface data
- A variety of common chips are held in this compartment, including the ITE’s IT87, Winbond’s family, etc.
- The interface is simple to use and easy to navigate.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available.
- Compatible with all Windows operating systems including the latest.
Here is a free fan speed monitor program for Windows. The HW Monitor is a trusted hardware monitor and controller for PC fans.
HWMonitor is a fan control software that isn’t very entertaining or appealing but delivers the promised features.
Website – HWMonitor
Why are CPU Fans so Loud?
We all have this question from time to time. It can be so annoying and distracting to hear your system fan continuously.
In most cases, the system fans are extremely loud because the hardware generates a lot of power. While the GPU, CPU, and other components function, tremendous heat is generated.
It is a fact that too much heat is not good for your system’s health or delicate software. For this reason, your fan speed goes up to replace the hot air with cooler air. The feature of your fan is dependent on what software you utilize.
Despite the various CPU temperature monitoring software and hardware monitoring applications that are available, fan control software is not nearly as diverse. The four alternative options above will assist you in reducing noise levels and improving temperatures by adjusting fans in your system.
The CPU fans are essential in keeping your system cool so you don’t have to worry about serious heating problems. But you have to have the right fan control software to use your CPU efficiently.
All the above options have their advantages, so you can pick any one of them. Hopefully, this article clarifies some of your doubts and queries.